Chicago --(ASIA TODAY)-- Education becomes entertainment at World Culinary Showcase, where celebrity chefs demonstrated the techniques, tips and tricks that catapulted them into the spotlight. Every year America’s best chefs unite to show off their skills and share their knowledge.
“The renowned celebrity chefs participating in this year’s World Culinary Showcase demonstrate some of the first-class techniques, tips, and tricks that catapulted them into the spotlight,” says Atour Eyvazian, Convention Chair for NRA Show 2017 and multiunit owner of 107 Jack in the Box restaurants in Houston and San Antonio. “Their combined expertise and insights are part of what makes the NRA Show 2017 a one-stop destination for any foodservice operator.”
The World Culinary Showcase, running all four days of the NRA Show, will feature chefs from across the country with a wide range of culinary specialties.
The 2017 World Culinary Showcase lineup includes:
Rick Bayless - @Rick_Bayless
- Owner/chef of Frontera Grill and Toplobampo. Winner of six James Beard Awards. Host of Mexico–One Plate at a Time. 2016 recipient of the prestigious Julia Child Award. Winner of Bravo’s Top Chef Masters. Author of nine cookbooks.
Maneet Chauhan - @ManeetChauhan
- Executive chef/co-owner of Chauhan Ale & Masala House and co-owner of Mantra Artisan Ales in Nashville. Recipient of the 2012 James Beard Foundation Broadcast Media Award for her role as a judge on food Network’s Chopped. Author of cookbook, Flavors of My World.
Stephanie Izard - @StephAndTheGoat
- Executive Chef & Owner, Girl & the Goat, Little Goat, Duck Duck Goat
Matthew Kenney - @MatthewKenney_
- World’s leading plant-based chef, the writer of several best-selling cookbooks, a culinary educator, and an entrepreneur specializing in the plant-based lifestyle.
Fabio Viviani - @fabioviviani
- Chef/owner of Cafe Firenze, Firenze Osteria and Siena Tavern. Appeared on Bravo's Top Chef, Top Chef All Stars and Life After Top Chef. Author of four best-selling cookbooks, including Fabio's Italian Kitchen.
Also @aartipaarti, @mingtsai, @RobertIrvine, @chefanneburrell, @Duff_Goldman and more Chefs to come! The lineup is always impressive.
Besides watching your favorite celebrity chef perform wonders at stage, experience hands-on workshops led by Chicago’s best chefs at Foodamental Studio. These interactive educational workshops allow guests to learn from top chefs and industry experts with hands-on experiences on the NRA Show floor. Throughout the four days of the NRA Show, there will be more than 15 workshops, each limited to 50 seated attendees with additional standing room. These interactive classes showcase the latest culinary techniques and trends presented and taught by top chefs across the country.
For an immersion in everything made-in-Italy, visit the Bellavita Pavilion and watch cooking demonstrations each day from May 20th to May 23rd. Iron Chef America Judge Mario Rizzotti (@RizzottiMari) will be the "Resident Chef" at Bellavita and other Chef guests include Enrico Croatti, Federico Comacchio (@CocoPazzoChi), John Coletta (@ChefJohnColetta), Salvatore Bianco and many more.
The National Restaurant Association Restaurant, Hotel-Motel Show®, the largest annual gathering of foodservice professionals in the United States, returns to McCormick Place in Chicago from May 20-23, 2017. Also back this year is BAR (Beverage Alcohol for Restaurants), the only beverage-alcohol event exclusively focused on the restaurant and hospitality industries. BAR 17 is co-located with NRA Show® and runs from May 21-22, 2017. Both events showcase the latest products, services, trends, innovation, education and best practices and combine to attract 67,000+ attendees and visitors from all 50 states and 100+ countries. For more information, visit the NRA Show and BAR websites at Show.Restaurant.org and Bar.Restaurant.org. Or check us out on Twitter @NRA Show, @BAR 17; Facebook @NationalRestaurantAssociationShow, @barshowchicago; and Instagram @NRA Show, @barshowchicago.
Founded in 1919, the National Restaurant Association (NRA) is the leading business association for the foodservice industry, which comprises more than one million outlets and a workforce of 14.4 million. Located in Washington, DC, the NRA operates the industry’s largest domestic tradeshow (NRA Show, May 20-23, 2017, Chicago); leading food-safety training and certification program (ServSafe); a unique career-building high school program (the NRAEF’s ProStart); as well as the Kids LiveWell program, which promotes healthful kids’ menu options. For more information, visit Restaurant.org or find us on Twitter @WeRRestaurants, Facebook and YouTube.