Dubai – United Arab Emirates,29th of March 2017: The 17th edition of the Dubai Derma Conference and Exhibition concluded today after three days of great success that has witnessed the participation of 15,000 visitors and participants over the scope of the 3 days.
Dr. Abdul Salam Al Madani, Executive Chairman of Dubai Derma said: “Dubai Derma has succeeded over the past years to attract local and international doctors, professors, and specialists in the field of dermatology and skincare. Today, we are proud that Dubai Derma has succeeded to become the largest specialized event in dermatology and laser in the MENASA region, and we look forward to let it be the largest in the world.”
Dr. Al Madani announced that the number of business deals sealed during the past three days reached 396 Million dhs. He also said: “The exhibition has witnessed an increase in exhibition size that has reached to 20% compared to last year with the participation of 540 companies from 85 countries, and the largest country pavilion was for South Korea.”
It is worth mentioning that the largest local stand was this year for AMICO and Kalium, and the largest international stand was for Valeant.
The scientific committee for Dubai Derma announced today the recommendations for the 17th edition of the Dubai Derma Conference. Dr. Ibrahim Galadari, Chairman of the Dubai Derma Conference and Professor of Dermatology at the UAE University announced:
• To renew the Arab Board of Dermatology membership every 10 years, similar to the American board. This recommendation is to be submitted to the Supreme Council of the Arab Board for discussion during its next meeting in the Kingdom of Bahrain next November.
• To increase medical facilities supervisory cadre working in the field of cosmetics, and to strengthen the scientific requirements for obtaining a license to practice the profession both for doctors and technicians.
• To tighten the controls on the use of cosmetic treatments, especially laser, Botox and fillers to avoid medical errors and malpractice.
• To support trainees and doctors registered for training programs such as the Arab Board and other local specialized programs. To ensure that these training courses are raising the efficiency of doctors in their specialties.
• The importance of organizing more workshops for doctors and specialists especially workshops in the field of skin, plastic surgery, and laser, and that is to exchange experience, increase knowledge and ensure medical ethics are followed and abided.
The organizing committee of the Dubai World Dermatology & Laser Conference & Exhibition (Dubai Derma) requested from the International league of Dermatological Society to enter the bid for hosting the World Congress of Dermatology 2023 in Dubai. Dubai's application will be voted for at the next edition of the conference in Milan, 2019.
Dr. Hassan Galadari, Professor of Dermatology at the UAE University, Consultant Dermatologist, Head of Scientific Committee, Dubai Derma: "The third and final day of the conference was held on the sidelines of the meeting of the Pan Arab League of Dermatology, to urge Arab countries to vote in favor of Dubai’s application to host this event."
He pointed out that all the attendees emphasized the benefits of hosting this global event in Dubai. Especially that UAE in general and Dubai in particular have succeeded over the years in hosting many international exhibitions in various fields, thanks to its amazing infrastructure and strategic location.
Dr. Galadari went on saying that the GCC League of Dermatology meeting will be held in Dubai in November, though its agenda has not been fully finalized yet. However, the hosting of the 11th Asian Dermatological Congress next year and Dubai’s application to host the World Congress of Dermatology 2023 will have top priority on the agenda of the meeting.
Dubai Derma is held under the patronage of His Highness Sheikh Hamdan bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Deputy Ruler of Dubai, Minister of Finance and President of the Dubai Health Authority. The event is organized annually by INDEX Conferences and Exhibitions -a member of INDEX Holding in collaboration with the International Academy of Medical Specialization, Pan Arab League of Dermatology and the GCC League of Dermatologists; and the event is supported by Dubai Health Authority.
- End -
Public Relations & Social Media Manager